To me, dropping support for Java 6 doesn't mean rewriting the code base to
only be compliant with Java 7 and up.

It does allow for some new stuff in our codebase, if we want to go back and
clean it up:

- try-with-resources
- automatic type inference on generics.

But those are just clean ups, no real new functionality.

John