On Jul 27, 2005, at 10:00 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 13:28, Alex Karasulu wrote:
Nothing slipped through incubation Niclas.  We switched from using
Berkeley DB C edition to JDBM and have no dependencies what so ever on
external software with conflicting licenses.

I have not read their licensing terms, so I need to take your word for it. You
are effectively saying that the Berkeley DB C edition is licensed
differently, and not in "to be identical in effect with the GPL" terms. If it is LGPL terms, and the Java native interface is (c) ASF & committers, then
there is no issue.

No, I think that what Alex is saying is, there's no Sleepycat dependency in the ApacheDS code whatever. The JDBM interface he's using doesn't rely on our
software.

In any case, the ASF is on solid footing here; no GPL-style licenses are included
in the distribution (or at least, none are coming in from Sleepycat!).

                    mike