On 6/3/10 11:04 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
Hi dev,

the core-mock module includes some mock implementations of ApacheDS
core-api classes (CoreSession, DirectoryService, etc.). It is only used
as test dependency in ldif-partition.

To get rid of the core-mock module I'd like to suggest to move those
classes to src/test/java in core-api. To be able to use the test classes
outside of the core-api module we just need to deploy the test jar of
core-api. The using module then needs to specify a dependency with
classifier "tests", see [1] for details.
We also had a discussion with Pierre-Arnaud about those unit tests. Once upon a time, we have had some core-unti and server-unit modules. They have been renamed core-intger and server-integ. So far, so good, but we still have another module called apacheds-test-framework.

We do think that the classes we have in core/server-integ - I mean, the classes in java/main, not the tests - should be moved to apacheds-test-framework.

That being said, we could also move the core-mock into this apacheds-test-framework module.

Does it make sense ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com