On 6/4/10 2:53 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
On 6/4/10 2:01 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
So where should we put the mocks ? Core-API as you suggested ? (IMO, if
that solve the problem, then +1)

Yes, this would solve the problem.

Another option that also works: as the mocks are only used by the LDIF
partition tests we can also move them to src/test/java of
ldif-partition. I think that's the better option.

What if we want to use those mocks in another module in the near (or not
so near) future ?

Wouldn't it be better to just let the mock be accessible by moving them
in core-api?

(playing devil's advocate here...)
Should I bring another option into the game: Using a mock framework like
  EaseMock or Mockito?

If it works, then totally +1
Let's keep it simple. It isn't a big difference to move them to core-api
or ldif-partition. The latter option is just a bit simpler to solve the
current problem. But I agree with you, moving them to core-api makes it
easier to reuse the mocks.
Here, I would say it's up to you. No need to spend more time on discussing on the mailing list about the pros and cons ad nauseam, it's not changing the way the server works :)

As soon as we know what are our options, and as it's now just a choice to make, then let's go for what you think is the best.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com