On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 2/6/11 9:54 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>> I've finished the tasks with the first stage DIRSHARED-80 [0]. Also on
>>> top
>>> of this I decoupled the dsml-parser from all codec implementation
>>> classes.
>>> Likewise for the ldap-client-api.
>>>
>>> There are still probably some minor adjustments remaining.

Adjustments made.

> Before merging this back into the trunk and going into the second stage I'd
>>> like to break apart the model now in one shot so we can continue working
>>> on
>>> it in the trunk. This might be good for you Pierre since you're working
>>> on
>>> some refactoring right now in model.schema. Even if I do this now though
>>> highly recommend working together on the m1 branch together while we
>>> break
>>> things up further.
>>>
>>> It makes more sense to break up the modules right now instead of later.
>>> Then
>>> the paths and project layout is set making merges into m1 from trunk much
>>> easier to handle and vice-versa.
>>>
>>> If there are no objections I'm going to handle this tonight. The new
>>> ldap-model OSGi module and perhaps others will impact the build
>>> descriptors
>>> for studio. I'll try to get those working as well but if I cannot by
>>> tonight
>>> I might ask for a hand tomorrow.

This process was a cakewalk so I also budded off the ldap-codec module which
is now very nicely encapsulated.

One problem though I left the ldap.extras controls inside codec for now
since we don't have and OSGi container embedded just yet to handle the
plugin mechanism.

Looks tight and stable. Finishing up studio's Required-Bundle additions now.

Alex