On 2/28/11 4:50 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
Hi all,
comments in line.
Shared has grown somewhat and I think it will grow more as we tack on
more protocol additions and functionality. I was thinking of using
some project module hierarchy to try to establish some organization we
can grow with.

Here's what I was thinking:

shared/
     i18n/
     util/
     integ/
     asn1/
         api/
         ber/
     dsml/
         parser/
         engine/
     ldap/
         codec/
         model/
         schema/
         schema-converter/
wouldn't it be better to make it a sub-module ?
         client-api/
         codec-standalone/
         all/
Shouldn't it be a separated module ?
         protocol/
             mina/
         extras/
             aci/
             sp/
             trigger/
             util/
             archetype/
What is this module about ?
                control/
                extended/
                schema/
             codec/
                api/
                plugin/

The deepest level is 5 and we'd concat levels into the names as we
kind of do already. Here is the very last node,
shared-ldap-extras-codec-plugin, as an example of the artifactId
composition standard.

Thoughts?
Seems ok to me, more or less, but I think we should reorganize after M2.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com