Hi Pierre-Arnaud

It helps :-) Thanks for explanations. Didn't knew you can also look it up in a compiled class.

Regards
Felix

On 05/26/2011 10:38 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
Hi Felix,

I think this is a bug in Maven's manifest generator which takes the value of the java
version used to execute Maven ("Build-Jdk: ${java.version}") and not the
version indicated to the Maven compiler plugin (as stated in the Directory's project
pom). See links [1], [2] and [3].

I've download the shared-all.jar file from the distribution and opened the
LdapConnection.class file in an hexadecimal editor (Studio's hexadecimal editor
for instance) and I can confirm that the target version is being respected by
the Maven compiler plugin and that it is really 1.5.
Take a look at that screenshot. [4]
Byte 6 and 7, indicate "31" which corresponds to J2SE 5.0 according to this
page. [5]

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] — http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-62