From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:40 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [Fortress]Developers List

Le 28/01/16 15:11, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> Fellow Dev's,
>
> We’ve just added a new committer to fortress, and my goal is to add a few
> more before long.  My question is which list to use for communicating?  In
> the past, with our limited discussions, we’ve used the fortress list.  But
> that list is (supposed to be) for users.  We could use the directory dev
> list, with fortress label added to the subject line.  But I’m wondering if it
> is time to add a list specific to fortress dev topics.

At the moment, I think 'users' are most certainly likely to become
'developpers' at some point. Making a distinction is probably a bit premature.

Wehn the number of users will grow up to a point the mailing list starts to be
flooded by beginners questions, then we can decide to create a dedicated
fortress-dev mailing list.

Also it's good for developpers to deal with user's questions, and for users to
feel like included into developers discussions.

my 2 cts.