From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:cohei...@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2017 4:19 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [Vote] Switch to git for Apache LDAP API 2.0

+1, most of the projects at Apache I'm involved with now have switched to git.
Colm.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny
<elecha...@gmail.com<mailto:elecha...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi guys,

"It was the best *of* times, it was the worst *of* times" (Dickens)

it's a pretty big change : switching away from SVN to git. We are using
svn from the very beginning, so to speak 14 years, and it's probablu
time to use a more efficient and modern VCC system. To most of you, that
should be a no brainer, and we already have a few sub-projects using git
at Diectory (Fortress, kerby).

However, I think it's important to get this vote out, as it's gong to
impact the project as a whole.

Note that it will just be for teh API atm, but the other projects will
most certainly migrate sooner or later (ApacheDS, Studio, Mavibot and
teh site)

So :

[ ] +1 : switch Apache LDAP API to git

[ ] +/-0 : I don't mind

[ ] -1 : Keep going with SVN

-1 is not a veto, feel free to speak your mind. The idea is to be sure
we are all on the same page here : I don't feel compelled to switch, but
I do think it would make it easier for us to work on the project, and
for external users to push PRs.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny