On 30/03/2019 00:24, Marc Boorshtein wrote:

    It generates a native binary and (according to doc) takes less
    time to start. But more than that we don't need to install JRE inside
    the container. Those are all at the moment appear to be good
    things, but haven't tested these in a container yet.

Benefits are clear for a serverless app, not sure if thats going to be true for something like apacheds.  I'd be very interested to see if there are any performance or size improvements.
One aspect that may be problematic is that, AFAIU, reflection is not allowed in Quarkus. ApacheDS Configuration loading uses reflection, same thing for part of the schema...