I personally like version b in Uwe's plan but I would caution against
eliminating anything that is not an exact match.  For instance, if I'm
looking for information in English about Outlining on a Windows XP
system and there is no such reference then perhaps the one for Linux
would help me get what I need.

I would not make these "related links" show up in the same section
with the exact matches, but I would make them available for a "in case
you are really stuck" type area.