Hi Sophie,

Sophie Gautier wrote:
Hi all,

I'm answering between your lines :

me too

If any Web Help document is available for the current page (topic), version, operating system, and language, the respective link or links are returned. These links will be shown in the "See also..." section. The user can click the link to load the external document.

Should we decide of a common file format ?

my initial thought is that the system will open the linked document. So it doesn't matter if it is OpenDocument or PDF or HTML or some exotic ancient format like doc. On the other hand it would be good to open the external document within the Help Viewer. In this case it should be in HTML 3.2 format, because this is what we currently see there. But this approach may need additional changes to the Help Viewer, while just sending out the link should work right now.

If no suitable document is found, the server returns the following text:
"For this Help page we have no external document at this time. You may consider changing your langauge selection at Tools - Options - ...etc... Visit documentation.openoffice.org if you want to write an external Web Help document for the current topic."

Will this message be localized ?

sure

yes, great idea too. Will it be mentioned somewhere that this documentation is contributed the n-l projects ? I think this could attract more people to contribute to our documentation projects.

yes, there should be a special heading preceding all external links. It can tell the user that the following links are external, will open a browser or PDF viewer, and that the community has written them and that the user can contribute, too.

I'm recruiting people in the FR community in order to help (but you know it's vacation time...) Shall we use the script (allfiles.tree) that Frank Peters has done to help us debugging the localized OLH files as all the page files are referenced with it ?

don't run too fast ;-) It's just a proposal at this time.

Regards
Uwe
--
  Uwe Fischer