Alex Thurgood a écrit :

The question to be raised IMHO is one of managing risk, even if that risk is perceived to be insignificant or any claim unfounded : can the organizers (obviously not Sun and Novell, since they seem to have struck deals that have taken the edge out such threats of infringement suits) of the OOo community take the risk ?

What are the consequences of such a risk in terms of potential image damage to the project as a whole ?

Hi Alex,

my opinion is, as others already stated, to just take screenshots under some GNU/Linux flavour. One of the OOo qualities is the "multiplatformness". Let's take advantage of that!

The problem I see with such a decision would be that it would probably refrain the documentation writers working under MSWindows from producing any more work under that OS.

OTOH, I guess the "citation purpose" you mention about the French copyright law could still be the way of escaping any MS lawyer greed <g>

Best regards,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux