Hi Sigrid,
Frank Peters wrote:
Now if the OOoautors User Guide will be maintained on the
wiki (Jean: will it?),
We haven't formally decided, but I suspect that's what will happen at some point.

can we merge it with the docs.oo.o
Users Guide there? How about the license?
The license could be a problem, as ours is CC-BY and the UG is PDL. I don't understand licenses, but I have been under the (possibly mistaken) impression that a "derivative" of CC-BY material can be put into a PDL document. Someone who understands these things needs to check on that.

We decided on the authors list some time ago (in the year 2005), that
OOo can use the guides, produced at oooauthors under the PDL.

see:
http://user-faq.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=authors&msgNo=8939
http://user-faq.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=authors&msgNo=10500
http://user-faq.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=authors&msgNo=10534

So I don't see a problem with the project using the oooauthors guides
and books. Or does anyone else has objections? What can we do to get
these things sorted out?

If this was a general permission to do that for the material
from OOoauthors, that's fine. However, we'll run across problems
when we are merging the two guides since we need to decide on
one license for the result. I would like to see the material on
the wiki licensed under PDL since this is the native, agreed-upon
license for docooo

If we are going to have these documents on two licenses, that would
be fine with me, provided that CC-BY and PDL allows for that (and I am
not a lawyer).

We just need to make sure that we have a license policy for content
added to both the CC-BY and the PDL version of it.

I will try to get some clarity from legally more gifted (if there
is such thing as clarity in an attorney's life...)

Frank

--
The OOo Documentation Project:
SIGN UP - PARTICIPATE - CONTRIBUTE