>> Any chances to get the Template:Documentation/MasterTOC localized?
>> As far as I see there are only 4 words (Next/Previous Section/Page) to
>> translate so it would be preferable to have the template ... sorry
>> about my clumsy wording ... behaving "multilanguage" over maintaining
>> localized copies of the same template in every language. I hope you
>> understand what I mean.
>>

> The only problem I see is in activating the translation. Do you now have
> to replace or update the template call on every page? If so, adding
> another parameter, "lang=XX" for instance, would not be too hard. Here,
> "XX" is the ISO code.
>
> Then, for each language, we'd need a new template, say "TOC_XX", which
> would be called from the master. All TOC_XX would do is translate the
> one word it was given as a parameter. Writing a new one, from the
> examples of the old ones, should be trivial. Using the "_XX" templates
> within the master is fairly easy, too.
>
> If adding a parameter to the template call would be too much work, then
> please tell me some more about what you do, when you translate a page.
> Maybe I can think of something.

The one big thing we have working against us with this idea is that
there are a huge number of Wiki pages already using the Master_TOC, and
they would all have to be updated to pass this new variable... and that
would span at a minimum, the English Doc pages (since other translations
are typically using a translated Master TOC).  Not impossible (can be
done using a WikiBot and some patience/time), but something to consider
when the ideas are being presented.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead