Nino Novak wrote:

TJ, I'm sorry but I must confess that I did not get the point of your idea :-(

Could't we try it out on a real world example? Adding another paramter seems ok. Look at Template:DE/Documentation/WriterGuideTOC which includes the mentioned Template:Documentation/MasterTOC but with hard coded link texts to next/previous page/section. Now I added Lang=DE to the call. In order to have a testing sandbox I created a copy of Template:Documentation/MasterTOC and named it Template:TEST/MasterTOC.
How to proceed now?

Nino

The TEST/M will need an added parameter, "lang=en". Let me play with it a bit, if you don't mind. I'd like to generate a template name from the ISO code, but I'm not sure the parsing is quite that smart. The worst would be a _ISO new template, with a big #switch statement, on the "lang" parameter.

This will take a while; afk shortly. Tomorrow OK?

--
/tj/