On 02/24/10 12:16, Claire Wood wrote:
Hi Clayton

On the one hand I think it would be good to try it on a small area of the
wiki, if that's possible, because it is the way information sharing is going
nowadays but maybe we should just experiment with one particular area of
OOo.  For instance maybe it's worth doing it with the tutorials because alot
of what I've seen on social media is the sharing of webinars, eseminars and
tutorials, I think I've seen the odd posting by sponsers too; also I've
noticed that people are reporting bugs on twitter to do with OOo.  On the
otherhand I understand the problems it could create and could irritate
people, which is the last thing I want to do because let's face it it's
supposed to be quick and easy to contribute.  I'll take some time this
afternoon to route around and see what else is on offer and get back to
you.

Testing is fine :-) I've added the Widget extension, and added an AddThis Widget to the (new) Widget namespace (it's setup so that only OOo Wiki Admins have rights to add Widgets).

I did a small test on my Talk page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_talk:Ccornell
with links to Twitter and Facebook...

This is just using the raw widget code... we could implement a Template:AddThis which would make it a lot easier to add the AddThis button.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead