On 8/14/2020 1:57 PM, Dmitry Kozlyuk wrote:
On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:26:11 -0700, Narcisa Ana Maria Vasile wrote:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 11:01:39PM +0300, Dmitry Kozlyuk wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 16:21:23 -0700, Narcisa Ana Maria Vasile wrote:
[...]
As far as I understand, you're importing history from dpdk-draft-repo and
then changing file layout. Not sure how this is beneficial, especially
since there are bugfixes along the way. Or are there legal reasons?
Harini, Omar, please advise if we need to preserve history. If not,
I think it's better to just squash all commits and send the netuio code
as one patch. In this way, I can easily make sure that this one patch
has the right signoff, description, subject formatting etc.

Dmitry, would pushing the netuio code as one patch be ok?
Yes, I think so.

I agree too. This code is going to be committed into a new repo (kmods), so there is no real benefit in maintaining prior history.

ranjit m.