Agree with Julian about ApacheCon being a better venue with a track (or
sub-conference ?) for Drill.  The size and scale of the wider conference is
likely to be beneficial despite other competing Apache projects.  Perhaps
the schedule could be managed in such a way that the conflicts with similar
projects is minimized.

-Aman