+1 from me for getting rid of all of those firehoses too. I kept bumping
into 'RealtimeManager' while scoping out what it would take to do the "In a
later release, remove the dead code used for existing internal
announcements and discovery" part of
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/pull/4634, in the hope that
someday we can make the quickstart tutorial run on a single host without
zk. I didn't really want to bother fixing up the realtime node, which is
what motivated me to start this in the first place.

I will remove these firehose classes in a follow-up to the initial PR I
have raised if everyone else is on board with this.