Hi,

> I would suggest making a release branch and not doing a code freeze as the
> release may take a little time to get right.
>
> One issue I’m concerned about is IP clearance [1] as that is likely to block
> the release.

I would like to follow and double-check the IP clearance process, any block
about here now ?

>> 0. Should we have release manager for these artifacts? Is there any
>> committer volunteer to be release manager?
>
> In general Apache project do have release managers.

Yes. IMO, we’d better make clear the release process before we ask for the
release manager, right ? Here is some hint[1] about release process from other
Apache Project.

[1] http://rocketmq.apache.org/docs/release-manual

Best Regards,
Von Gosling