Hi,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Justin Mclean
<jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> It is not mandatory to change the project groupId to org.apache.dubbo in
>> the first release. Is that right? We will finished it before graduating.
>
> It a good idea to change it but some Apache projects never change it as it
> would break too much existing user code.
>
> In Dubbo's case as the packages includes a companies name (com.alibaba.dubbo)
> rather than a product name IMO it would need to change at some point.

Agreed.

> If it was changed how much work would it be for existing users?

Existing user will have to change the pom dependency.  IMO, these
won't cost too much for end users.

> Will it be more work for them it the change was done later?

I don't think so. However, this will bring more work to us.

Overall, I think changing the group id can't be done before the first
release. We've already had a solution and it will be done before
graduation.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing