> On Jun 12, 2017, at 4:56 PM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
> wrote:
> In my opinion IDE settings shouldn’t be checked in and should rather be added
> to the gitignore list. Don’t know how often we had issues in Flex with
> checked in IDE settings :-(
Agreed, with maven projects/pom’s in place, the Eclipse IDE
settings/.project/.classpath would be removed from the repo.

> The warnings are related to the fact that all Apache Maven configurations
> have the “Apache root pom” as top-most parent. A lot Some things are
> configured there. However I’m using different versions of some plugins and
> re-defining them in the edgent-parent. That’s what the first block of
> warnings are about.
Since the overrides are intentional, can you add the “annotations” to eliminate
the warnings?  (and maybe a comment as to why a different version is being
selected?)
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30782453/maven-suppress-overriding-managed-version-warning-in-eclipse

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30782453/maven-suppress-overriding-managed-version-warning-in-eclipse>

> The rest of the blocks are because in order to work correctly the e2m plugin
> has built-in configurations on what to do for which default maven plugin.
> This is how Eclipse knows when to copy resources, compile classes and
> eventually even generate code. However per default not all plugins are
> handled by the m2e plugin. That’s what the second block is about. There is a
> way to get rid of them and eventually even tell Eclipse what to do, but this
> would need some fine tuning. I would like to address that as soon as we’re
> finished. Otherwise I would probably have to re-configure that over and over
> again. Mabe it would be good to tell Eclipse to ignore the plugins it doesn’t
> know so the errors go away and then to fine tune them afterwards.
Dealing with the warnings later seems OK.  Can you make the change to eliminate
the errors now?  You probably know what needs to be done but fwiw here’s what
Eclipse quick-fix added:
@dales-mbp:1049> diff test/fvtiot/pom.xml{,.sav}
62,96d61
<     <pluginManagement>
<       <plugins>
<               <!--This plugin's configuration is used to store Eclipse m2e
settings only. It has no influence on the Maven build itself.-->
<               <plugin>
<                       <groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
<                       <artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
<                       <version>1.0.0</version>
<                       <configuration>
<                               <lifecycleMappingMetadata>
<                                       <pluginExecutions>
<                                               <pluginExecution>
<                                                       <pluginExecutionFilter>
<                                                               <groupId>
<
org.apache.maven.plugins
<                                                               </groupId>
<                                                               <artifactId>
<
maven-dependency-plugin
<                                                               </artifactId>
<                                                               <versionRange>
<                                                                       [3.0.1,)
<                                                               </versionRange>
<                                                               <goals>
<
<goal>copy</goal>
<                                                               </goals>
<                                                       </pluginExecutionFilter>
<                                                       <action>
<
<ignore></ignore>
<                                                       </action>
<                                               </pluginExecution>
<                                       </pluginExecutions>
<                               </lifecycleMappingMetadata>
<                       </configuration>
<               </plugin>
<       </plugins>
<     </pluginManagement>
@dales-mbp:1050>