On 07/02/2008, Richard S. Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Again, I am still unclear why there is this implicit acceptance among
> some to just assume that it makes sense for others to view our
> subprojects as tainted by our framework. However, rather than argue the
> merits of that, I would rather think about how to address it.
>
> The only idea I have is two-fold:
>
>    1. Make sure that all of our subprojects have their own web page on
>       our site (not all do yet).

also the subproject documentation that is there is (imho) not visible enough
( have to click Documentation->...um...->Subproject Documentation->aha... )

perhaps we could add a direct link to the subprojects page from the main
page?

   2. Create some sort of simple template for each one to indicate on
>       which frameworks it should work on and which it has been tested
>       on. This could include mention of execution environment and/or JDK.

yes - a matrix of bundles against frameworks/EE would be really cool and we
could perhaps find a way to display it on the main page (in reduced form, so
it doesn't takeover the whole page, but shows our bundles can be used with
many other frameworks)

each sub-project page could have a banner at the top with specific results

Perhaps we could create some pithy table showing the different
> concerns...even use some nice icons. :-) Then it would be clear to
> anyone going to any subproject whether it might be useful to them or not.
>
> Anyone interested in proposing a design for such a table? Or have better
> ideas altogether?

+1 for something like a matrix, but I'm no good at web-design ;)

-> richard

--
Cheers, Stuart