Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Richard S. Hall wrote:
P.S.:I have also found that the org.apache.felix.metatype is using a
wrong version number it should be 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT instead of
1.0.3-SNAPSHOT. Should we change it?
I think that version is correct - updating it to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT creates
a funny situation once we decide to release a 1.0.4 as we have higher
snapshots which have been released earlier. And I personally don't like
decreasing the version number in the pom for a release :)
Well, this seems somewhat contradictory to the above point then. It
seems metatype should depend on a released artifact and only on a
snapshot if it needs it.

Hmm, we're not talking about a dependency of metatype but the version of
metatype itself. So it boils down to the question what is the next
development version after a release? If 1.0.2 is released, is this
1.0.3-SNAPSHOT or 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT? I think this depends, but in general
would go for 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT as this makes releasing an update like
1.0.4 easier.

OIC. Sorry for my confusion. In that case, you can do whatever you want. We don't have any rule for that. :-)

-> richard

Carsten