Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
Richard S. Hall wrote:
P.S.:I have also found that the org.apache.felix.metatype is using a
wrong version number it should be 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT instead of
1.0.3-SNAPSHOT. Should we change it?
I think that version is correct - updating it to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT creates
a funny situation once we decide to release a 1.0.4 as we have higher
snapshots which have been released earlier. And I personally don't like
decreasing the version number in the pom for a release :)
Well, this seems somewhat contradictory to the above point then. It
seems metatype should depend on a released artifact and only on a
snapshot if it needs it.

Hmm, we're not talking about a dependency of metatype but the version of
metatype itself. So it boils down to the question what is the next
development version after a release? If 1.0.2 is released, is this
1.0.3-SNAPSHOT or 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT? I think this depends, but in general
would go for 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT as this makes releasing an update like
1.0.4 easier.

OK! for the above statement, but as far as I recall development release should always be something like 1.X.0-SNAPSHOT with X as the first odd number after the release value.

Carsten