On 4/27/09 5:57 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
It seems the consensus for the code is to move it to
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/karaf
So i'll go ahead and move the servicemix kernel trunk there asap.

We still need to settle the problems of:
    * package name: org.apache.karaf vs org.apache.felix.karaf
    * jira issue tracker: use FELIX or create a new KARAF one
    * web site: use FELIX or create a new KARAF one

The package renaming to org.apache.karaf has raised a number of
concerns, mostly (correct me if i'm wrong) about the fact whether this
would be frowned upong by the ASF or not.  Given the number of
subprojects that do that since a long time, I think the answer is no.
  Now we need to decide if we want to do this or not.

For the issue tracker and web site, I think this is somewhat related
to the package renaming issue above, though the problem is a bit
different.  I'm really opened here, but if we choose to rename the
packages to org.apache.karaf, it think it would make more sense to
have dedicated JIRA and confluence spaces.

And is this how other projects do it too?

It seems this is a subproject in name only.

-> richard