The "separate VM" is a followup of our default Pax Runner based
TestContainer implementation.
As such, there can be (many) different TestContainer implementations.
Its just a matter of convinience you lose when not using the pax runner
richness.
If there is demand for a "native" felix testcontainer, we could do so in
quite a short amount of time.

Toni

--
Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer - Looking for new projects!