L.S.,

Marcin Wilkos will start coding on his Google Summer of Code project
this week after spending the last few weeks on getting to know the
projects a bit better.  The goal of the project is to build an
extensible web-based management console for Apache Felix Karaf and
ServiceMix 4.

We've had a very short discussion on the ServiceMix dev list in April
[1], but we would like to continue working on the Felix dev list for
now, as most of the work will be targeted at Felix Karaf anyway.  We
would definitely consider building this on top the Felix Web Console.
It already has some of the functionality we're looking for and it
already is extensible -- there some information on the Felix website
[2] and I know the Sling project has built some extensions to the
console, so we can find a code example there.  Is there any other
information around for this?  Are there any limitations we have to be
aware of before starting the project?

I guess we already know about one such limitation: Apache Felix Karaf
has the ability to 'rebrand' the text console with another ASCII art
logo and header, so we would want that for the web console as well.
As far as I can see, this is not yet supported by the Felix Web
Console.  Are there any plans to support that?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

[1]