L.S.,

Using the optional import by default (for quick and easy branding) and
documenting how to build a more 'safe' branding by unzipping the
distro and hacking it to remove the optional imports sounds like a
good compromise to me.

Having something like goosh.org for our own console inside the web
console sounds like a great idea too.  For securing the web console,
wouldn't it make sense to integrate that with Karaf's JAAS support, so
we can plug in other providers afterwards (e.g. things like LDAP)?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com