From: Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 17:45
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Aries incubator for Enterprise OSGi
To: gene...@incubator.apache.org

The problem I have with Felix is really a branding problem.  While *we* (as
developers) very well know that all the subprojects of Felix are not tied to
the Felix Framework itself, it's really difficult to spread this word around
to non techies.  The name Felix is often associated to the OSGi framework
implementation itself, and it's kinda hard to remove this tie unless either
the project or the framework change its name to something else.  For
example, the framework could be referred to as Apache Foo and other
subprojects as Apache iPojo or Apache Karaf.  I think it would help removing
this tie.   The other way around is possible too, rename the project to
something else, and keep Apache Felix as referring to the framework itself
(which might be even better, but slightly more difficult to actually
achieve).  I'm not sure there is a very easy way, but d...@felix.a.o would a
better place to discuss that.

--
Cheers,