Actually, the problem is one of syntax, apparently. When you pass in the
Properties object, the value against the key that was read from the file
attached (i.e. the standard form of these files) it doesn't work.

The list needs to be comma separated with no additional CR LF characters or
the parser doesn't do the right thing.

Clearly there must be some form of pre-parsing going on to handle the
"standard" package lists in Felix.