On 05/25/2011 09:23 PM, jie yan wrote:
Maybe that can be called religious flame war, but it's valuable. What we
really need in open community is simple and perfect product in technology,
but not many repeat manufacturing wheels like some outside companies.

When implementing any software there are design trade-offs as well as different focuses and goals. So, even though the wheel may look like a reinvention, it is not generally the exact same wheel, only similar. While it would be great if we could always agree on a single design and set of trade-offs, the likelihood of that is slim.

-> richard

Regards,
drhades

->  richard