On 7.9.2011 г. 12:35 ч., Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 07.09.2011 08:15, Valentin Valchev (JIRA) wrote:
>> WebConsole bundle should export packages from embedded jars
>> Currently webconsole bundle (non bare variant) contains build-in org.json,
>> commons fileupload, commons io, osgi service tracker. These packages should
>> be exported because they will be needed when we move SCR & Deployment
>> Packages plugins in separate jars.
> I always wanted ot have a single web console plugin with all
> dependencies included for simple deployment. Which is why these
> dependencies (particuarly org.json, commons fileupload and commons io)
> are included in the web console...
>
> Now, this may not be best OSGi practice ....
>
> Now, exporting this API from the web console sounds like wrong to me.
>
> Thus I suggest, we change gears and
>
>   * drop the full bundle build
1+
>   * promote the bare build to be the official build
1+
>   * thus import org.json, commons fileupload, and commons io
1+ (though we might need OSGi-enabled org.json bundle.
>   * we may still embed and not export Service Tracker (as could the new
> bundles if required) because
-1 - why embedding? All OSGi frameworks provide it. Even it it is not
provided by the system bundle, you can install a bundle that provides
the package. And I think that tracker is widely used, so it could be
also imported.
>     AFAICT there is no need to share these classes.
>
> Finally to mark this change, we might target the next release to be 4.0.
Well it makes sense. People need to update how they use web console and
yes - the change is radical, so major version update will warn them that
update will not be trivial.

> WDYT ?
>
> Regards
> Felix

Regards,
Valentin

Valentin Valchev · Lead Software Engineer
ProSyst Labs EOOD
1606 Sofia, Bulgaria · 48 Vladajska Str.
Tel. +359 (0)2 952 35 81; Fax +359 (0)2 953 26 17
http://www.prosyst.com · v.valc...@prosyst.bg
stay in touch with your product.