Hi Felix,
I have the following plugins already separated:
deppack
ds (declarative services)
shell
obr

The question is can I commit now?

Regards,
Valentin

On 9.9.2011 г. 18:59 ч., Valentin Valchev wrote:
> Hello,
> On 8.9.2011 г. 09:51 ч., Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On 07.09.2011 20:26, Valentin Valchev wrote:
>>> Btw what about the OBR plugin? Shall it remain build-in or moved as
>>> separate plugin?
>> Now, this starts to be an interesting discussion ;-)
>>
>> This is the current plugin setup in the Web Console:
>>
>> (1) Plugins I consider core and which should be kept:
>> - Bundle
>> - Services
>> - License
>> - System Properties
> Thinking of that, maybe we can add also another one - Framework
> Properties, that the user can obtain from
> BundleContext.getProperty(String key), since framework properties are
> important, but it's not actually necessary to be system properties.
>> (2) Plugins already considered for breaking out
>> - Deployment Admin -- FELIX-3099
>> - DS - FELIX-3100
>> - Shell - FELIX-3107
>>
>> (3) Plugins still in the Web Console which might/should be split off
>> - Configuration Admin
>> - LogService
> I think that these should be build-in. Configuration and Log service are
> so common, that we can make them available by default.
>> - Preferences Service
>> - Wire Admin
> Could go into common bundle 'compendium plugins'. So with one bundle you
> can install almost all OSGi-related plugins/printers.
>> - Thread
>> - OBR
>>
>> The idea of also breaking out the Thread configuration printer is to
>> easier support thread dump funcitonality introduced with Java 5 and 6
>> through the JMX Thread API. Also this could be aligned with the Apache
>> Kato project, particularly KATO-14.
> Yes, but still Thread information is general information, that can be
> used for system analysis and the information will be still usable, if
> you  don't have that JMX API. So I vote for leaving Thread info into the
> main web console. Additional functionality could be provided by separate
> bundle - like that memory plugin, that already uses the JMX API I think.
>> Now, that we started breaking out plugins, we should probably be
>> consequent and break out non-central plugins.
>>
>> Regards
>> Felix

Valentin Valchev · Lead Software Engineer
ProSyst Labs EOOD
1606 Sofia, Bulgaria · 48 Vladajska Str.
Tel. +359 (0)2 952 35 81; Fax +359 (0)2 953 26 17
http://www.prosyst.com · v.valc...@prosyst.bg
stay in touch with your product.