Indeed ! wow ! we only have the problem when building with java8; and not
with java7; that is odd.

+1

However, according to the apache release process, I think that binary
artifacts are only produced as convenience for users , and source artifacts
are more important than binaries; So, I think that when sending the
announce your should then mention the fact that the source release must be
only built using java7 and not java8.

cheers
/Pierre