​​
Hello Yannick,

Thanks for your email. Yes, SMS and Emails will be sent out for events
occurring in the accounting microservice. The tentative events shortlisted
for consideration are  onCreateAccount, onChangeAccount, onCloseAccount,
 onLockAccount, onUnlockAccount, onReopenAccount, onDeleteAccount.

The scope of this project is to develop the notification microservice and
incorporate it into the demo-server. Secondly, develop an interface for the
notification service in the fims-web-app which will allow configuration of
the service i.e flexibility to select permitted notifications, the default
messages for each notification and the configurations for the Email and SMS
gateways. My milestone for this month is to accomplish the first scope and
successfully trigger at least one event from each microservice and
receive an Email or SMS on the other end.

Additional scope under discussion is the Google Cloud Messaging
notification integration for the mobile app. I have dug up some of the
previous emails on GCM and currently reading on what needs to be done.
Anyone who was involved in the GCM discussion should please forward some fo
the treads to me.

About the libraries, I am using spring boot's JavaMail library
<http://www.baeldung.com/spring-email> for emails and the Twilio SDK for
SMS. I have written minimum code for both and working on running my
demo-server to test them. For now, this is the libraries I have chosen to
work with.

About the services, the idea is to create both SMS and Email
functionalities in the same notification microservice. I have defined the
Email and SMS Sender classes and defined a Bean for the JavaMailSender to
connect to google's mail server. This will be fleshed out once I have
tested the notification service in the demo-server.

Also, I haven't been able to successfully login to see the structure of
Fineract CN. HIs has affected how the wireframe looks. I am actively
working on resolving this as I write this mail. My mentor has suggested a
way to resolve this issue and I have Victor helping me to fix my GCP as we
speak. So I will definitely have a successful build in a matter of days.

Once I have an idea of the look and feel I will incorporate the look into
the design. The UI comes later so the look and functionality will evolve as
we discuss it. All the same, the UI will typically have an interface to
configure the Email and SMS gateways for each MFI on the platform, a
section to define custom email/SMS templates and a section to enable and
select the frequency of notifications retries.

For now, the use case I am considering is instant notification via Email
and SMS given that the recipient has opted for both. I will work on
scheduled notification use cases when I have achieved my milestone for the
first month.

For the phases, the first is the notification services itself, secondly,
incorporate the service into the demo server, and then move on to the UI.
Finally, iterate through the previous phases. I am currently implementing
the first and second scope.

Phases of the notification service itself include creating JMS listeners
for each microservice, I am still coding the logic for each listener. I
believe this will happen throughout the lifetime of this project. Next is
the notification models, and the Sender classes.

PS: I am currently coding the notification models after the event
listeners. The basic idea was to create a notification object from each
event generated. It will then be queued and singleton Sender class will pop
the queue and forward them to the relevant recipients. Please share your
thoughts on the impact on performance and what to consider in other to
improve the efficiency of the system.

Also, I am currently thinking of the stage at which localization and
templating of the messages should be done for the emails. For now, I am
skewed towards what I have in the proposal.

* At your service*
*,*

*Ebenezer Graham*

*BSc (Hons) Computing*

[image: EmailSignature.png]

Beau Plan Business Park | West Building

Pamplemousses |  Mauritius

<http://www.pactmart.com/>
<http://www.pactmart.com/>
www.pactmart.com | Freelancing made easy.
GitHub <https://github.com/ebenezergraham> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebenezer-graham/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/pactmart> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pactmart> | Website
<http://ebenezergraham.github.io/>
​
*skype*:
​ebenezer.graham
​ | *Phone*:
+230 5840 9206

*“Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do
that makes you good.”*
-*Malcolm Gladwell*