Hi Saif,

My thought is that the "actual days" approach seems like a more fair and
equitable way to distribute the interest across the actual N days that are
there in any month.

For example:
In Feb, the borrower is paying on the 27th day. Then 27/28 seems more
accurate than 27/30. 27 by 30 seems to imply that the lender is collecting
27 days interest for a 30 day period.
Similarly, in May, if the borrower is paying on the 30th day, then it seems
more fair to calculate for 30/31 rather than 30/30. 30/30 seems to imply
that the lender is charging interest for the full month, whereas in reality
the borrower need to pay interest only for 30 days out of the 31 days
available.

This approach that Fineract follows seems reasonable to me. Not sure if
there could be a concern from a regulatory perspective or accounting
standards perspective.

Thanks
Binny