> Another mention here on ZDNet:
> http://www.zdnet.com/apache-moves-flex-forward-should-flash-be-next-7000009843/
>Perhaps we come up with an "official" short statement with a link back to the
>apache flex site to add to many of these articles?
>Thanks,
>Justin

I do not think that an official short statement is the right path.

IMO, the writers are interested in providing information to their readers
obtained from someone with an authoritative voice => a persuasive opinion, if
you will.
.....And there's the rub. Who can speak for Apache Flex?

We can attempt to answer some of the questions that the author poses in the
article you linked to:
>"The future of Adobe Flash, and of course Flex, has been heavily debated with
>the emergence of HTML 5 and other web app dev technologies. Nevertheless,
>there are strong backers who maintain that there's still a place for Flash and
>Flex.  Flex was
>donated to the ASF in late 2011."
1) What is the future of Flash and what is the future of Flex?
2) How does the emergence of the current state of HTML5 and other web app dev
technologies change this future?
3) Who are the strong backers who maintain that there's still a place for Flash
and Flex and why are they right or wrong?

And yet more questions that we can't answer are also posed in the article:
> "Might be nice for Adobe to donate Flash to the ASP, though it's not clear
> how much of the proprietary Flash and AIR components are part of the
> company's new lineup of HTML5-based Edge tools."
1) Would donating Flash to the ASP be a good path for Adobe?
2) Are the proprietary components of Flash and AIR part of the company's new
lineup of HTML5-based Edge tools?
3) Is Adobe still confident that donating Flex to the ASF was the right move?