Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 4:03 PM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FalconJx] where I'm going to be

Yeah,

When I wrote that I was basically brainstorming and talking to myself.

Since it's in the trunk now, it does require a more laymans
explanation which I will work on.

Really, here is the Overview.

"FalconJx is being designed to be able to compile ActionScript3 source
code business logic to JavaScript business logic. At the moment, there
are no plans for the "majic bullet" compile to SWF and Browser with
the same view code."

When I say business logic, I mean, no views, no ui components, no
flash display list to javascript DOM conversations. Just business logic.

My main intention is not to "bloat" the project's definition with over
expectations like what happened in the definition of FalconJS.

I just want to be able to write OOP type strict code in AS3 and
compile it to JavaScript at the moment.

Mike

Quoting Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>:

Mike,

Q: How does it work?

A: Basically we are utilizing the fantastic AST IASNode structure, traversing the nodes and visiting them individually with an emitter. The difference here is the AST walker is a hand written implementation that can easily be maintained and optimized per individual specs.

I've been lost right after the word "Basically", as many people who never did anything regarding compilers but compiling, there are some words that hurts :) that's the reason why I said "introduction/overview " meaning something more basic that could help to understand what is written on the wiki page.

-Fred

-----Message d'origine----- From: Michael Schmalle