I tend to agree with Alex here.

I have some Flex 3 projects, and I seriously doubt I will migrate them to
Apache even if there was an option.

Working towards the future is way more important than living in the past. If
there's something that doesn't work in Flex 3, I'd either subclass something,
or duplicate and patch it myself. (Like I've done in the past.)

Harbs