Although i'm not a committer and it's not the apache way to tell someone what
to do
i understand that in this case Alex would like to have feedback from the
community.

So here we go :-)

I really think a few very bright people are working on the js cross compiling
stuff / Flex next.
This is in my opinion essential for Flex to survive. As Alex is one of the few
people
working on this (and one of the few people who understands this complex task)
 it would be a bad idea to take him of this task. They have momentum now.
I really hope he will keep on using his talent to take Flex in new directions.

Arnoud