@Om, I think people misunderstand what I've demoed here.  The demo was a
very quick and dirty proof of concept.  An experiment I didn't want to
spend too much time on - because too much investment at this time might be
lost when we get to the other side of the AS"next" cataclysm.

I could have subclassed viewStack and dealt with transitions there, solving
any synch problems the way I do in MadComponents.  But I went with a quick
lash-up.

My intention for MC3D"next" is to fully integrate Stage3D capabilities into
MadComponents.

Maybe you've noticed that my Stage3D MC3D classes aren't fully integrated
into MadComponents.  If you think that they're bolted on the side - you'd
be right.  And there's a good reason for this.  Stage3D is bolted on the
side of AS3.  The further that I get into work-arounds, the more I'm
probably wasting effort on matters that will hopefully be resolved in
AS"next" anyway.

I have a lot of display-list Sprite.graphics drawing going on right now.
 And unrestricted styling of display-list text.  I'm hoping that AS"next"
will provide new vector graphics and text classes for Stage3D - and if it
does, re-writing my existing component rendering code might be
straightforward.  And I might not need a geometric renderer work-around
after all.

But I don't know yet.

Personally, I wouldn't invest too much effort in a new framework now.  (
Unless, you're on a beta programme for AS"next" that I don't know about ).
 For me, there are too many unknowns right now.  If I were you, I would
plan to work on this intensely on this as soon as an AS"next" beta
programme kicks off.

Om, I've come onto this forum being completely honest about my intentions.
 And people don't like my attitude.  It is my intention deliver MC3D"next".
 Not Flex"next".  My idea is to offer these classes as the basis for
Flex"next" - if you want.