"I would expect the Open Flex group to put in the development work for this
? not me."...

Let me clarify what I mean.  It is my intention to port MadComponents/MC3D
over to AS"next".  This is quite an undertaking.  Combined with the effort
that I've already put into the framework, and the new GPU-enabled effects.

To turn this into a Flex framework - all you'd need to do is write Flex
wrappers.  Along the lines of the examples that I demoed in 2011, but
writing them in such a way as to maintain the familiar conventions of Flex
in mxml.  Also, tweaks to the MD3D classes to allow them to work within
Flex.  But most of the hard work will be already done.  So this is a little
more than free consultancy (although that in itself would have been
generous).