On 1/27/13 7:18 PM, "Om" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex, I think you would be the best person to answer this.
>
> What would be the Actionscript equivalent of this mxml file:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/asjs/branches/develop/examples/FlexJSTest_ag
> ain/FlexJSTest.mxml?view=markup
>
> I was reading your older emails and I think this would be it:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/whiteboard/aharui/flexjs/example/FlexJSTest/
> FlexJSTest.as?view=markupor
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/asjs/branches/develop/examples/FlexJSTest/Fl
> exJSTest.as?view=markup
>
> But they dont seem to match up.  Can you please respond with how the mxml
> would look when redone as a pure actionscript file?

There are two possible answers to this question.  One is for the question:
what would the generated AS for the MXML file look like?   It would look
somewhat like the FlexJSTest.as that you found, but it is a bit different
because when I finally got the compiler working it was easier to change some
of the 'generated' code a bit.  If you are really interested, I will try to
hand-code it.

The other answer is for the question: How would you write this app in
ActionScript?  If I were to do it, it would not use the data array at all,
it would call new Button and new Label and set properties and add event
handlers.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team