On 1/27/13 10:50 PM, "Om" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But they dont seem to match up.  Can you please respond with how the mxml
>>> would look when redone as a pure actionscript file?
>>>
>> There are two possible answers to this question.  One is for the question:
>> what would the generated AS for the MXML file look like?   It would look
>> somewhat like the FlexJSTest.as that you found, but it is a bit different
>> because when I finally got the compiler working it was easier to change
>> some
>> of the 'generated' code a bit.  If you are really interested, I will try to
>> hand-code it.
>>

> This would be good.  I played my hand around hand-coding based on this wiki
> note [1]
> But I would rather see your version.
I'm not sure why you want to be hand-coding AS versions of MXML files.

>> The other answer is for the question: How would you write this app in
>> ActionScript?  If I were to do it, it would not use the data array at all,
>> it would call new Button and new Label and set properties and add event
>> handlers.
>>
>> --
>

> I am curious how this would work behind the scenes.  But I am not in a
> hurry to look at the implementation details.
>
> A couple other questions while I have your attention:
>
> Will the FlexJSTest_again app compile with the current mxmlc?  I saw your
> note in the wiki that says that it wont.  Is there any way to make it work?
The status page supercedes the original wiki page.
FalconJS converts FlexJSTest.mxml to FlexJSTest.js.  Falcon (assuming you
set the mxml.children-as-data flag) will convert FlexJSTest.mxml to a
running SWF.

> I have hooked up the falcon compiler to my flash builder (4.6) as an
> external run tool.  The app compiles fine, but the IDE keeps showing
> errors.  Any way I can jerry rig Flash Builder to use the Falcon mxmlc?
I haven't tried.  I assume you can swap out the original MXMLC compiler for
the Falcon JARs.

> I do have Flash Builder 4.7 installed.  I am willing to switch if that
> would make this process any simpler.
>
> Sorry for so many questions.  I am trying to wrap my head around all this.
>  My end goal here is to churn out Stage3D based Button and Label classes.
>  I need to first set up everything so that I can work without having to
> jump through hoops to compile every code change I make.
If that's your goal, I would skip the MXML part for now and build out a
simple test app in ActionScript.  Then you can do it all in either version
of FlashBuilder with the Apache Flex SDK and its MXMLC.

I think FlexJSTest.as would look something like this:

    public class FlexJSTest extends Application
    {
        public function FlexJSTest()
        {
            model = new MyModel();
            model.labelText = "Hello World!";
            valuesImpl = new MySimpleValuesImpl();
            initialView = new MyInitialView();
            controller = new MyController();
        }

        private var controller:MyController;
        public var model:MyModel;
    }

And MyInitialView.as would look something like this:

    public class MyInitialView extends ViewBase
    {
        public function MyInitialView()
        {
            super();
        }

        override public function initUI(model:Object):void
        {
            super.initUI(model);
            lbl = new Label();
            lbl.addToParent(this);
        }

        public var lbl:Label;

        private function clickHandler(event:Event):void
        {
            dispatchEvent(new Event("buttonClicked"));
        }

But I haven't tried it.  If you get stuck trying to figure it out, I will
take a look on Monday.  You might need to wait for the initialize event
before setting up the four instances in the Application's constructor.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team