On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 1/27/13 7:18 PM, "Om" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Alex, I think you would be the best person to answer this.
> >
> > What would be the Actionscript equivalent of this mxml file:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/asjs/branches/develop/examples/FlexJSTest_ag
> > ain/FlexJSTest.mxml?view=markup
> >
> > I was reading your older emails and I think this would be it:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/whiteboard/aharui/flexjs/example/FlexJSTest/
> > FlexJSTest.as?view=markupor
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/flex/asjs/branches/develop/examples/FlexJSTest/Fl
> > exJSTest.as?view=markup
> >
> > But they dont seem to match up.  Can you please respond with how the mxml
> > would look when redone as a pure actionscript file?
> >
> There are two possible answers to this question.  One is for the question:
> what would the generated AS for the MXML file look like?   It would look
> somewhat like the FlexJSTest.as that you found, but it is a bit different
> because when I finally got the compiler working it was easier to change
> some
> of the 'generated' code a bit.  If you are really interested, I will try to
> hand-code it.

This would be good.  I played my hand around hand-coding based on this wiki
note [1]
But I would rather see your version.

> The other answer is for the question: How would you write this app in
> ActionScript?  If I were to do it, it would not use the data array at all,
> it would call new Button and new Label and set properties and add event
> handlers.
>
> --

I am curious how this would work behind the scenes.  But I am not in a
hurry to look at the implementation details.

A couple other questions while I have your attention:

Will the FlexJSTest_again app compile with the current mxmlc?  I saw your
note in the wiki that says that it wont.  Is there any way to make it work?

I have hooked up the falcon compiler to my flash builder (4.6) as an
external run tool.  The app compiles fine, but the IDE keeps showing
errors.  Any way I can jerry rig Flash Builder to use the Falcon mxmlc?

I do have Flash Builder 4.7 installed.  I am willing to switch if that
would make this process any simpler.

Sorry for so many questions.  I am trying to wrap my head around all this.
 My end goal here is to churn out Stage3D based Button and Label classes.
 I need to first set up everything so that I can work without having to
jump through hoops to compile every code change I make.

Thanks,
Om

[1]  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/MXML+Data+Spec