Hi, I have had to modify the HTTPService in the past to work around the lack of
persistent cookie support.  if you want I could share this.  HTTPService does
not play well with cookies (or any kind of useful headers for that matter).
I'd be willing to share my work if anyone is interested.  (it may not be a
perfect patch, and to meet Apache standards it probably should be polished, BUT
it works and is used by thousands of ppl in an air app running on sdk 4.6.0).