We can use the same tracking code that the OO came up with for those
download links.  Do you want to work on making the changes needed for the
SDK installer?  I would use this framework :
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/other/flashTrackingSetupFlex
(I've used that in quite a few of project I've developed.  You just
send
it the fake url that we will track.)

As far as option #2.  There is no dependence on Infra... Only on us to
download the logs and process them.  I'll probably end up grabbing them
since Dec when we released 4.9 just to see how many downloads we've had so
far.

-Nick