Did you speak to anyone with authority there, or was it just a canned response?

If anyone has a real contact at AWS, the answer might be different. I can't
imagine it costs them very much to donate some resources to Apache Flex… Anyone
have a contact there?

I personally use AWS, but not on the scale that I have any real pull…